Apollo3 Blue EVB - Ultra-Low Power System on Chip
The Apollo SoC Family is an ultra-low power, highly integrated System on Chip platform based on Ambiq's patented Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT®) and designed for battery-powered and portable, mobile devices.
The Apollo3 Blue SoC sets a new standard in energy efficiency for battery powered devices with an integrated Arm® Cortex®-M4 processor with Floating Point Unit and turboSPOT®, increasing the computational capabilities of the Arm® Cortex®-M4F core to 96 MHz while lowering the active power consumption to less than 6µA/ MHz. This combination dramatically reduces energy consumption while still enabling abundant application processing power to add greater capability and extended life to battery-operated devices.
The Apollo3 Blue SoC brings several new features to Ambiq's SPOT-based Apollo SoC Family including an integrated DMA engine, QSPI interface, and advanced stepper motor control for ultra-low power analog watch hand management. To increase design flexibility and enable connections to the phone and cloud, the Apollo3 Blue provides a dedicated second core for ultra-low power Bluetooth Low Energy 5 connectivity, providing superior RF throughput and leaving plenty of resources available for user applications.
Apollo3 Blue EVB features:
- Low power reference design
- Apollo3 Blue SoC in the BGA package (AMA3B1KK-KBR)
- Multiple power/clock options
- Micro USB connector for power/download/debug
- On-board chip antenna (A1)
- RF switch/connector (J1 - Murata MM8430-2610RA1) for BLE PHY testing
- Segger J-Link debugger
- Debugger-in / debugger-out ports
- Five user-controlled LEDs
- Three push buttons for application use, plus a reset push button
- Power slide switch with LED power indicator
- Five 8-12 pin Arduino-style headers for pin/power access to shield board(s)
- Multiple test points for power measurements
- CE Mark and RoHS compliant
- Ambiq Product -