Apollo3 Blue Plus - Ultra-Low Power System on Chip with integrated Bluetooth Low Energy.
The Apollo SoC Family is an ultra-low power, highly integrated System on Chip platform based on Ambiq's patented Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT®) and designed for batterypowered and portable, mobile devices.
The Apollo3 Blue Plus SoC sets a new standard in energy efficiency for battery-powered devices with an integrated Arm® Cortex®-M4F processor with Floating Point Unit and TurboSPOT® increasing the computational capabilities ofthe Arm® Cortex®-M4F core to 96 MHz while lowering the active power consumption to < 6uA/MHz. This combination dramatically reduces energy consumption while still enabling abundant application processing power to add greater capability and extended life to battery operated devices.
The Apollo3 Blue Plus brings several new features to Ambiq's SPOT based Apollo SoC Family including an integrated DMA engine, QSPI interface and advanced stepper motor control for ultra-low power analog watch hand management.
The Apollo3 Blue Plus also forms the core of Ambiq's Voice-on-SPOT® reference platform making it the perfect device for always-on voice assistant integration and command recognition to battery-powered devices.
The Apollo3 Blue Plus provides a dedicated second core for the ultra-low power Bluetooth Low Eneregy 5 connectivity platform providing superior RF throughput and leaving plenty of resources available for user applications.
The Apollo3 Blue Plus adds two additional MSPI modules (3 total), and increases the external memory execute-in-place (XiP) aperture from 64MB to 96MB (32MB/ MSPI instance). Additionally, internal flash increases from IMB to 2MB, SRAM from 384KB to 768KB (TCM size remains at 64KB) and the GPIO count increases from 50 to 74.
Ultra-Low Supply Current
- 6 μA/MHz executing from flash or RAM at 3.3 V
- 1 μA deep sleep mode (BLE Off) with RTC at 3.3 V (BLE in SD)
High-Performance Arm@ Cortex@-M4 Processor
- Up to 48 MHz nominal clock frequency with 96 MHz performance TurboSPOT Mode
- Floating Point Unit (FPU)
- Memory protection unit (MPU)
- Wake-up interrupt controller (WIC) with 32 interrupts
Integrated Bluetooth@ Low-Energy Module
- RF sensitivity: -93 dBm (typical) Tx: 3 mA @ 0 dBm, Rx: 3 mA
- Tx peak output power: 4.0 dBm (max)
Ultra-low Power Memory
- Up to 2MB of flash memory for code/data
- Up to 768KB of low power RAM for code/data
- 16KB 2-way Associative/Direct-Mapped Cache
Ultra-low Power Interface for On- and Off-Chip Sensors
- 14-bit ADC, 14 selectable input channels available
- Up to 2.67 MS/s sampling rate
- Voltage Comparator (VCOMP)
- Temperature sensor with +/-3°C accuracy after calibration
Ultra-low Power Flexible Serial Peripherals
- IS07816 Secure interface
- 1x 2/4/8-bit and 2x 2/4-bit SPI master interface (MSPls)
- 6x I²C/SPl masters for peripheral communication
- 1x I²C/SPl slave for host communications
- 2x UART modules with 32-location Tx and Rx FIFOs
- PDM for mono and stereo audio microphones
- 1x I²S slave for PDM audio pass-through Rich Set of Clock Sources
- 32.768 KHz Crystal (XTAL) oscillator
- High Frequency RC (HFRC) oscillator (48/96 MHz)
- RTC based on Ambiq's AM08X5/18X5 family
Wide Operating Range
- 1.755-3.63 v, -40 °C to 85 °C
- Voice-on-SPOT compatible for always-listening keyword detect, audio command recognition and voice assistant integration in battery-powered devices including:
- Bluetooth headsets, earbuds, and truly wireless earbuds
- Remote and Gaming Controls
- Smart home
- Wearables including smart watches and fitness/activity trackers
- Hearing aids, Digital Health Monitoring and Sensing Devices
- Smart Home Automation, Security and Lighting control applications
- 5.3mm x 4.3mm x 0.8mm, 108-pin BGA with 74 GPIO
- AMA3B2KK-KBR (768KB RAM, 108-pin BGA)
- Ambiq Product -