Apollo3 Blue Plus EVB - Ultra-Low Power System on Chip
The Apollo SoC Family is an ultra-low power, highly integrated System on Chip platform based on Ambiq's patented Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT®) and designed for batterypowered and portable, mobile devices.
The Apollo3 Blue Plus SoC sets a new standard in energy efficiency for battery powered devices with an integrated Arm® Cortex®-M4 processor with Floating Point Unit and TurboSPOT® increasing the computational capabilities ofthe Arm® Cortex®-M4F core to 96MHz while lowering the active power consumption to <6uA/MHz. This combination dramatically reduces energy consumption while still enabling abundant application processing power to add greater capability and extended life to battery operated devices.
The Apollo3 Blue Plus brings several new features to Ambiq's SPOT-based Apollo SoC Family including an integrated DMA engine, QSPI interface, and advanced stepper motor control for ultra-low power analog watch hand management. With unprecedented energy efficiency and PDM microphone inputs, the Apollo3 Blue Plus also forms the core of Ambiq's Voice-onSPOT® reference platform making it the perfect device for customers who want to add always-on voice assistant integration and command recognition to battery-powered devices.
To increase design flexibility and enable connections to the phone and cloud, the Apollo3 Blue Plus provides a dedicated second core for the ultra-low power Bluetooth Low Energy 5 connectivity platform providing superior RF throughput and leaving plenty of resources available for user applications.
The Apollo3 Blue Plus adds two additional MSPI modules (3 total), and increases the external memory execute-in-place (XiP) aperture from 64MB to 96MB (32MB/ MSPI instance). Additionally, internal flash increases from IMB to 2MB, SRAM from 384KB to 768KB (TCM size remains at 64KB) and the GPIO count increases from 50 to 74.
The EVB has these additional features:
- Low power reference design
- Apollo3 Blue Plus SoC in the BGA package (AMA3B2KK-KBR)
- Multiple power/clock options
- Micro USB Type C connector for power/download/debug
- On-board PCB (MIFA) antenna
- FTDI USB-to-SPI adapter/interface
- RF switch/connector (J1 - Murata MM8430-2610RA1) for BLE PHY testingSegger J-Link debugger
- Debugger-in port
- Debugger-out port with connection-indication LED
- Five user-controlled LEDs
- Three push buttons for application use, plus a reset push button
- Power slide switch with LED power indicator
- Five 8-12 pin Arduino-style headers for pin/power access to shield board(s)
- Multiple test points for power measurements
- CE Mark and RoHS compliant
- Ambiq Product -