Apollo3 Blue Plus Voice-on-SPOT Kit
The Apollo3 Blue Plus Voice-on-SPOT (VoS) Kit facilitates demos, evaluation, and the development of ultra-low power audio and voice capabilities on the Ambiq SoC. The Kit provides always-on voice capability with options for one or two microphones, signal processing, wake word/command detection, codec, and Bluetooth® Low Energy communication. The Kit delivers the complete ultralow power solution at the SoC and system levels.
Depending on application requirements and customer aspirations, the Kit can enable battery life up to a year or more on standard alkaline or lithium batteries.
- Contains hardware Pulse Density Modulation (PDM) to Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) conversion, industry-leading μA/MHz processing, and anintegrated BLE radio.
- Choose from two digital mic options which combine low-power with high performance.
The kit can be configured with or without Pre-roll1. The lowest power scenario is without pre-roll which is described here. The Vesper microphone keeps the system asleep until it hears sound above the ambient noise level (Wake-on-Sound). Then the Apollo3 Blue Plus wakes in microseconds, and runs Ambiq or third party software using less than 1MHz that identifies voice spectral
characteristics. If it detects voice, then it turns on the wake word engine (Wakeon- Voice).
Ambiq's software dynamically manages and tunes this process. When a wake word is detected, a codec appropriate for the application compresses the utterance and can transmit over Bluetooth Low Energy. The Kit has been tested with close talk, near field, and remote control far field under standard testing conditions for False Rejection Rate (FRR), False Acception Rate (FAR), and Response Accuracy Rate (RAR). Independent and thorough testing has been conducted of the VoS Kit at
various sites, including partners' and Ambiq's audio labs. Contact us for more information.
- Inclusion or exclusion of audio and otherfunctional features to create baseline and diagnostic builds.
- One or two PDM-driven digital microphones connected to Apollo SoC’s stereo PDM interface.
- Capture of an audio buffer output over BLE (AMA protocol) to Amazon Alexa app for using Alexa Voice Service (AVS).
- Capture of an audio buffer output over BLE (ATV Voice Service protocol) to Android TV or set-top box for using Google Assistant.
- Transfer of an audio buffer between Apollo family EVBs and over SEGGAR RTT interface to a PC for the generation of a WAV file.
- Ambiq’s patented SPOT technology provides up to 10x lower active power consumption than standard Cortex M4 core.
Ultra-Low Supply Current
- Apollo3 Blue Plus
- 6 μA/MHz SoC
- 1 μA deep sleep power
High-Performance Arm® Cortex®-M4F Processor
- Up to 48 MHz nominal clock frequency with 96 MHz
Ultra-low Power Memory
- 2MB of flash memory
- 768KB of low power RAM
- 16KB 2-way Associative/Direct-Mapped Cache
Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy
- RX: 4.0 mA
- TX: 4.0 mA
- RF Sensitivity: -94dBm
- TX Power: +4dBm max
Wide Operating Range
- 1.755 - 3.63 V, -45°C to 85°C
- Apollo3 Blue Plus EVB
- MikroBUS Audio Shield
- Two DMIC (Digital Microphone) Click Boards
- Vesper VM3011 (x1) + VM3000 (x2)
- Memsensing MSM261D4030H1AP (x3)
- VoS SDK
- Dynamic Threshold Adjustment for VM3011
- Third Party
- Signal Processing:
- DSP Concepts
- Wakeword/Command Detection:
- Smart watches/bands
- Remote Controls
- Remote Mics
- Gaming Controllers
- Smart Sensors
- Ambiq Product -