Apollo3 Blue EVB - Ultra-Low Power Microcontroller
The Apollo MCU Family is an ultra-low power, highly integrated microcontroller platform based on Ambiq Micro's patented Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT TM) and designed for battery-powered and portable, mobile devices.
The Apollo3 Blue MCU sets a new standard in energy efficiency for battery powered devices with an integrated Arm@ Cortex@-M4 processor with Floating Point Unit and TurboSPOTTM increasing the computational capabilities of the Arm Cortex-M4F core to 96 MHz while lowering the active power consumption to <6uA/ MHz. This combination dramatically reduces energy consumption while still enabling abundant application processing power to add greater capability and extended life to battery operated devices.
The Apollo3 Blue brings several new features to Ambiq's SPOT-based Apollo MCU Family including an integrated DMA engine, QSPI interface, and advanced stepper motor control for ultra-low power analog watch hand management. With unprecedented energy efficiency and PDM microphone inputs, the Ap01103 Blue also forms the core of Ambiq's Voice-on-SPOTTM reference platform making it the perfect device for customers who want to add always-on voice assistant integration and command recognition to battery-powered devices. To increase design flexibility and enable connections to the phone and cloud, the Apollo3 Blue provides a dedicated second core for the ultra-low power BLE5 connectivity platform providing superior RF throughput and leaving plenty of resources available for user applications.
The EVB has these additional features:
- Low power reference design
- Apollo3 Blue MCU in the BGA package (AMA3B1KK-KBR)
- Multiple power/clock options
- Micro USB connector for power/download/debug
- On-board chip antenna (A1)
- RF switch/connector (J1 - Murata MM8430-2610RA1) for BLE PHY testing without removing chip antenna
- Segger J-Link debugger
- Debugger-in / debugger-out ports
- Five user-controlled LEDs
- Three push buttons for application use, plus a reset push button
- Power slide switch with LED power indicator
- Five 8-12 pin Arduino-style headers for pin/power access to shield board(s)
- Multiple test points for power mea
- Ambiq Product -