Apollo2 EVB - Ultra-Low Power Microcontroller
The Apollo2 MCU Family is an ultra-low power, highly integrated microcontroller designed for battery-powered devices including wearable electroncis, activity & fitness monitors, and wireless sensors. By combining ultra-low power sensor conversions electronics with the powerfull ARMCortex-M4 processor with Floating Point Unit, the Apollo2 MCU enables complex sensor processing tasks to be completed with unprecedented battery life. Weeks, months, and years of battery life are achievable while doing complex context detection, gesture recognition, and activity monitoring.
The Apollo2 MCU takes full advantage of Ambiq's patented Subthresholld Power Optimzed Technology (SPOT) Platform, setting a new industry benchmark in low power design.
The Apollo2 MCU is the 2nd generation controller building upon Ambiq Micro's Apollo MCU product family. The Apollo2 MCU integrates up to 1 MB of flash memory and 256 KB of RAM to accomodate radio and ensor overhead while still leaving plenty of space for application code. This microcontroller also includes serial master and UART ports for communicating with radios and sensors including accelerometers, gyroscopes, and magnetometers.
The EVB has these additional features:
- Low power reference design
- Apollo2 MCU in the BGA package (AMAPH1KK-KBR)
- Multiple power/clock options
- Micro USB connector for power/download/debug
- Segger J-Link debugger
- Debugger-in / debugger-out ports
- Five user-controlled LEDs
- Three push buttons for application use, plus a reset push button
- Power slide switch with LED power indicator
- Five 8-12 pin Arduino-style headers for pin/power access to shield board(s)
- Multiple test points for power measurements
- CE Mark and RoHS compliant
- Ambiq Product -